Bilder des Monats September 2011

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Bilder des Monats September 2011

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8504/bodyarmor50014.jpg]

An Army Sergeant stationed at Schoffield Barracks in Hawaii was recently awarded the Silver Star for bravery on the field of battle. The Soldier, Sergeant Scott Kenyon, first shot, then wrestled with an Iraqi insurgent who was shooting at him with a silenced 9mm machine gun. He didn’t even hear the shots until one hit his kevlar, the bullet embedding itself into the side of it, and one into his body armor. The bullet hit his helmet so hard, it turned his head to one side. “I’m not going to lie. I was scared — I was scared to death,” the tall and lanky 22-year-old man from Lansing, Mich., said yesterday. Kenyon shot the insurgent in the hand, causing the weapon to fly out of his hand. He also shot the other Iraqi that was firing on him. According to the Honolulu Advertiser: But he kept going, wrestling down the Iraqi who had the machine gun, while another Schofield squad killed the other man.

Quelle